$ wget http://malfela.blogspot.com | RSS: Main

Friday 25 July 2008

Ubuntu reinstall

I have had various problems with my Ubuntu installation:

Deb package installer not working, add/remove not working, compiz not working, etc.

So i decided to reinstall Ubuntu completely...

I backed up my user Dir onto my new 4GB (W00T!!) mem stick then made a Ubuntu 8.04.1 disk and tested it thoroughly then reinstalled Ubuntu (forgetting to make a backup partition :-( oh well...) and then installed Ubuntu studio and some other apps and walla!! It worked!!!

Few!!!

The only problem i had is forgot to show the hidden files when copying my user Dir so i lost my Uplink user file that i had been playing on (Dow!! :-[ )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR