$ wget http://malfela.blogspot.com | RSS: Main

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Ubuntu Reinstalled

I have finally got round to reinstalling Ubuntu to my new WD 250GB SATA hdd, I think I have pretty much got all of my applications installed that I had before, and all of my files as i just had to copy them over from my old installation and I made copy's of /etc and lists of packages from dpkg.


I now have a fresh install of Ubuntu with Kbuntu and Ubuntu Studio extra packages, the only thing that is wrong is my Usplash displays normal ubuntu theme on start-up and kbuntu theme on shutdown, I want it all to be Ubuntu Studio! And my suspend works finally, but I still need to get hibernate to work. Once I have done that I have 2 new life CD's SystemRescueCD and Clonezilla, I have tried the former and I will use the second to back up my root partition after I have got all my apps and stuff finally working flawlessly, then I will use Time Vault or some versioning software to back up /home.


P.S. Please remind me to Post about my BIOS update that nearly went wrong!

1 comment:

Colonel Panic said...

please tell me about the BIOS update that nearly went wrong. PS. My policy on BIOS updates is, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm not gonna risk breaking my system if it works flawlessly to begin with.

Although there is a reset CMOS switch if all goes pear shaped. But does that work on BIOS updates?