$ wget http://malfela.blogspot.com | RSS: Main

Sunday 17 May 2009

Upgrading my Computer

I am going to buy some new computer parts today so my compter will now be a super fast machine (I guess that it will run 4 times as fast after the upgrade.)


So I guess you wan't me to tell you what I am going to get? Well here is the list:
  • Akasa 8cm Fan Filter - This ought to keep my PC clean
  • Nexus 80mm Silicon Absorber - And this ought to keep my PC quiet, I am going to be running the fans at 60% to 80% of there maximum speed to make it "super silent"
  • Xilence Red Wing 80mm Quiet Fan - These fans are made of really heavy plastic so it takes a while to start, but once it has started it will spin for ages, and it can cut your finger! They are quiet fans too so I will be having a noise revolution.
  • Akasa AK 965 (Socket 775) Aluminium with Copper Base Processor Cooler - This is a really cool (as in good and cold) processor cooler that I will be getting to keep my CPU at 30 degrees, or to over clock it with if I so wish in the future.
  • Akasa AK-MX004 High Performance thermal compound and TIM Clean fluid bundle - I will be using this to clean off the rubbish that you always find on the CPU's and cooler's that you are "supposed" to use instead of thermal compound. How ever I will not be using the thermal compound that it comes with........
  • Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Thermal paste 3.5gram - ...........I will be using this, it is pretty much the best thermal compound that money can buy. I will probably keep the thermal compound from the bundle, even if I only use it for low-importance jobes, It is still very good, and it is made of silver.
And coming up for the big one.............

  • Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 (3.16GHz) Socket 775 Wolfdale 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache - I will be getting this whopper of a processor for my computer! Even though it technically has .14GHz less than my Celeron D, it is much more efficient per a cycle and I will probbably have a quadropal performance boost!!!!!!!

Well I will post again when it has all arived/I have installed it.

No comments: