$ wget http://malfela.blogspot.com | RSS: Main

Thursday 10 April 2008

ubuntu hardy beta - 3 installs in one morning

The HDD came w0.ot :D

I put Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy LTS Beta onto it. That's what i'm running now. Oh and btw, there seems to be a little bug in the partitioner of the hardy beta installer - i tried partitioning keeping a older partition intact (result of breaking my system within 5 minutes and having to reinstall xD). It seemed to install fine, but when i tried booting into the system my machine kernel panicked just after the 'Starting up' message. I think it was trying to load / as a block device - and obviously failing - I can't remember exactly what it said though, after 'Kernel panic - not syncing:'. One more reinstall later (that's 3 clean installs in one morning lol) and here I am - with a perfectly functioning install of Ubuntu Hardy beta on a 160GB HDD - yay! :D

No comments: