$ wget http://malfela.blogspot.com | RSS: Main

Monday 14 April 2008

VirtualBox

I just upgraded to hardy beta a few days ago (when my harddisk came), and now i use linux-generic (the only kernel compatible with virtualbox). Before i was running VMware server for my virtualization, and i'm telling you, virtualbox-ose (open source edition) just rocks. VMWare sucks if compared.

I am typing this under a windows VM in virtualbox, running Windows XP specialized for ultra portable computers (i also have the main, more sucky one, in another virtual machine).

With VMWare Server, it was noticeably slower virtualizing than running a system natively. With VBox, you hardly notice the difference.

My current virtual machines go as follows:
1) Damn Small Linux
2) Fedora Core 8
3) Fluxbuntu 7.10
4) gOS Rocket beta
5) Windows XP specialized hacked for ultraportables
6) Windows XP

And PS. I DO NOT work for Innotek. I am speaking of my own experience.