$ wget http://malfela.blogspot.com | RSS: Main

Saturday 3 November 2007

KDE vs. GNOME

KDE vs. GNOME. That is the question. I run konqueror under gnome, and it just rocks so much that I'm beginning to see that the only real reason that I use GNOME and not KDE is not being bothered to install it. That's silly really, as there's a .deb package available in the Ubuntu repositories that you can install by just running sudo apt-get install kde. The thing is, to try it out I'd have to install it onto my system, cause I admit that I don't have enough RAM to run a full-blown desktop environment like kde or gnome inside a virtual machine. Ah well. I'll stick with gnome for the time being, although I'd very much like to try out Xfce or fluxbox, as I have a relatively low-end low-ram machine. I'll keep you posted though!

No comments: