$ wget http://malfela.blogspot.com | RSS: Main

Saturday 22 December 2007

RAM from ebay

A few weeks ago we bought 2GB of RAM for my PowerMac G5 (PMG5) from ebay. It was high density RAM, and the PMG5 that I have doesn't support that. We sold it again to some other willing customer on ebay. Now that we have our £400 christmas money (look down a few posts), we finally have enough to get some more, low density, more expensive RAM, and we've ordered it already. So in a few days I should have 2.5GB of RAM in my dual processor 64-bit PowerPC G5 PowerMac! :) It'll be smokin'!!! Once I get the RAM i might do a little benchmark test, kinda like opening four emulated x86 architechture virtual machines, while editing a Final Cut movie, umm... yeah, maybe Google Earth aswell! Or what I could have is a GB each for 2 virtual machines, and 512MB for everything else, that'a be c00l! What'ya do with 2.5G ram eh?

No comments: